Monday, November 7, 2011

Watching the Story of a Fellow Blogger

So I am watching the movie Julie & Julia which seems sort of funny since the main character is an aspiring writer. (I know, I know - I should be working on my word count. Book #2 isn't going to write itself) But anyway the main character played by Amy Adams says this line

"You aren't a writer if no one publishes your book."

I think I should go on the record that I politely disagree. Although, I have my own moments of doubt - I have received two "no's" from Agents already - I truly believe that I am a writer. lol Now perhaps, if no one wants to publish me...ever. I could concieve that I am not a very good writer but I am a writer nevertheless. My mother, the eternal optimist who could quite possibly make Pollyana look like a glass half-empty type of person - she would tell you that I have been a storyteller since I could talk. She would also say that it is their loss! You might think that is what mother's are supposed to say but my mother believes it - to her core! But it brings me to another line from this movie...

"I realized that this getting published isn't going to be so simple."

Well, I guess I already knew that...but here's to the road less traveled most traveled by those who do it anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment